Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BE A BOBBLE HEAD

5/5/09





OPINING OPINER'S OPININGS






To opine means to give an opinion. Since I am a very opinionated person I figured that I can't say it enough. Who is this whining opiner?


My name is Don Fout. I am a truck driver who has been driving trucks since 1954 and been over the road since 1957. I am known as the "Chi" Guy w / Necktie on the CB. Although this may sound redundant, sometimes redundancy is the best teacher and the best way to get things across, although it may not always work.


I am also a machinist, mechanic, welder and general all around "Jack Of All Trades." I am not an engineer or such and have no real proof that the things that I speak of are actual fact. These are only my opinions. They are presented here to try to make you think and analyze them for yourself.





Donald Fout"Chi Guy" w/Necktie (CB Handle)






BE A BOBBLE HEAD



I know that you have seen the times that a vehicle has been all over the road. You may have even wondered if the driver was under the influence of something but, there are times that the driver is totally unimpaired. The problem could be the wind or just the lay of the road, it may be rutted or just have a lean to it which causes the vehicle to want to wander. Not too long ago I was in a place where the wind was very strong and the gusts made it even worse.


I came upon a truck that was having a hard time staying in its own lane. It was veering so much out of it's lane that I decided not to attempt to pass it so I followed. I noticed that when we came to an area where the wind was blocked by trees that it stayed pretty well in it's own lane, so I waited until we came to an area which was bordered by a long line of trees before I passed.


Shortly after I did a voice came on the C B calling out for my company's truck. Thinking it was another of our drivers I looked around but could see none of our trucks. I answered and was told it was the truck I had just passed.


Then the driver said then was, "How do you do that?" Not knowing what he was talking about I replied, "How do I do what?" He then said, "You're empty, aren't you? How do you stay in your lane like that?" I told him that I was empty and that maybe he had something wrong with his steering. He informed me that under normal circumstances he had no problem at all but, the wind made it so he was all over the road. He said, "When you were behind me I noticed that you stayed right in your lane and then when you passed me I could see that your trailer was blown all over but, your tractor stayed right in the middle of the lane and I want to know how you do that."


I told him what I had found out what to do to correct the problem and after he tried it he told me that that made it a whole lot easier. I then thought that I might pass it on to others.


What I told him was, BE A BOBBLE HEAD. Let your head and body tell you where to steer. It will help in any situation. The easiest way to learn is to sit straight up in the seat. As you travel you will feel your head bob to the left and right. When it bobs left, steer left, when it bobs right, steer right. How much you steer depends on how much you lean.


If you are on rutted roads you may well be steering left and right and left and right in very rapid succession but, the vehicle will continue on in the middle of the lane you are in and not wander all over because you are correcting as the action takes place. The vehicle will have no chance to wander out of the lane.


The reason you lean left is because the vehicle moved right, therefore you steer left to correct. This works in any vehicle. It matters not what type or size. After a while you will not have to sit up straight and it will become second nature Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope it will help.


Any questions or other suggestions make a comment.




Donald Fout

If you would like training in internet marketing then please visit:
www.mrdon636sstore.com

There is also our Amazon link on the page.

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.